Saturday, October 20, 2012

Favorite 5: Horror Movies

5. Cat People (1942)
   I love this psychological horror movie.  One thing that is so fascinating to me is that she really seems to be able to be healed, but then Ollie is lame.  By the way, Simone Simon's accent is great.  I think it works perfectly for the part.


4. Carnival of Souls (1962)
  Those scenes on Saltair are great.  Actually I am planning on writing a paper for a history class about Saltair so I am sure I will write about it more later.

 
3. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
  This movie is so interesting.  I love how it shows how many people would act like in a situation like this.  But in the end it doesn't matter if you've been a hero or a coward.

2. Psycho (1960)
  This movie is iconic, there really isn't anything else to say about it, except that I love it.


1. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
  This one is so weird.  Those sets. Cesare.  The music.  German Expressionism.  For some reason this movie is fascinating to me.  It must be that I love German movies during the interwar period until the Nazis took over anyway.
  By the way I just realized that three of these have significant scenes involving water.

No comments:

Post a Comment